Saturday, March 26, 2011

Don't pay for Restaurant Chocolate Cake!


I was speaking with the Costco Bakery Manager on Friday and she let me in on a secret. The amazing "All American Chocolate Cake" at Costco is purchased by expensive restaurants, and served to you at a way marked up price. What???? (One of the restaurants is the most expensive one in UT!)
So the next time you need a chocolate fix pick up one of these cakes. They are found in the back by the bakery on the tables. These cakes are made from scratch at the Costco bakery and are sooooo good. Price should be around $16.99. Make sure you grab a gallon of milk too for $1.78.

By the way - this cake should serve up to 36 people. This is how to do it:
  1. Freeze the cake
  2. Slice it on top into skinny pieces
  3. Lay each piece on it's side and cut it into three pieces.
  4. Drizzle with raspberry/strawberry sauce and place a raspberry/strawberry on the plate to make it pretty.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, just wanted to let you know, I think your blog looks great! And I think I may need to get me a Costco membership....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a coupon for you if you do sign-up. YOu will get a free gift card. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete